Main Output Volume (and more!)

notsevendy

Main Output Volume (and more!)

Post by notsevendy »

I've been using version 3.00 for a number of years, and never bother to update. Recently, I noticed an occasional glitch in the sound, especially when program changes were processed when the GUI was displayed (I run VSTSynthfont in VSTHost). So I tried version 3.442 (32 bit)--much better (actually, not--see below). However, I notice that the Main Output Volume, unlike in version 3.00, does not "stick". I set it at "-9 db", and the UI retains the number; but when I reopen a new instance of VSTSynthfont, the volume is audibly too load. Opening the Options ("-9 db" is still shown) immediately resets the volume to its desired level.

(Actually, the original reason I updated to the current version persists: specifically, when displaying "Sound source preset". Closing the GUI or displaying a different parameter fixes the problem.)
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Main Output Volume (and more!)

Post by Admin »

I have heard about this issue (sound glitches) from other users and it looks like the best remedy is the allow the plugin read in all sample data from the SoundFont(s) at start-up. This has some drawbacks of course: start-up takes time and memory is used. So, it needs to be an option, of course. Still looking at this.