Synth Font 1.0 and 2.0 Note names

Feel free to post here any thoughts, ideas, complaints, you-name-it not pertinent to any other forum listed below.
Halinaqi 2

Synth Font 1.0 and 2.0 Note names

Post by Halinaqi 2 »

I recently updated from an older version of synthfont 1.0, and realized that while the play bar in the piano roll is smooth, there was something that went wrong for me. I am not sure if it is due to an updated version of the software or some new preference setting, but upon using the piano roll, the note name indicator on the upper right of the mouse cursor is just blank. It will not display the note name (Ex. F#, A, G, E etc.)

On the bottom left of the screen, there is a working note indicator that does update in real time, so I am confused as to why the one on the mouse cursor does not work.

I deleted it and reinstalled to see if it would fix the issue to no avail. I then went to try out the Synthfont 2.0 trial to see if that version had this feature, but it didn't.

Is there a place where there are older builds of synthfont available, so that I can download a version that has this feature working?

I am using a Windows 10 Education 10.0.19045 Build 19045, Radeon RX 580, AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 8 core processor.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Synth Font 1.0 and 2.0 Note names

Post by Admin »

Do you refer to this:
Note-tip.png
Note-tip.png (14.73 KiB) Viewed 3529 times
Halinaqi 2

Post by Halinaqi 2 »

Yes, Basically the little bar that shows when using the cursor to place notes in piano roll, it is blank.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I have not yet been able to reproduce it. So, you see the grey box, but there is no text in it?
Halinaqi 2

Post by Halinaqi 2 »

Here is the image link (I am using Img BB to host it): https://ibb.co/hLWd9dS

Here is what it looks like for me. The bottom left shows that my cursor is hovering over G#, but my cursor doesnt have the bar next to it, that used to display the note names showing. I just reinstalled it to see if the new version had the fix but it seems to still be happening for me.

The UI does look a bit better though, so I do appreciate the work you guys put in.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you hover over the keyboard?
Halinaqi 2

Post by Halinaqi 2 »

Hovering over the key board does work, but having to look over to the left and or bottom left of the screen is inconvenient and makes using the program slower.
Halinaqi 2

Post by Halinaqi 2 »

After trying to use it for a bit, thinking I can get used to it, there are a bit of issues that made me uninstall the program until they are fixed. The menu feels unresponsive. I can copy and paste a group of notes but they will not show on the piano roll until I do some other action, like right click and hit select all. The note scaling on the viewer feels a bit weird, it doesn't feel as nice as the older versions. The keyboard on the left, when I hit a note, the program becomes unresponsive. Creating and naming a new track doesn't feel as quick and painless because of the UI changes.

I think it would be a good idea to have a page showcasing the most stable download versions of the application, for each new major release. This will be a positive change. I am not sure when, but some later update just doesn't work for me, and even if it did, I can choose which versions I prefer to use more. If they are available, I don't exactly know where to find them, and it may be a good idea to make it super easy to find them.