New BIG project...

All about the development and use of SynthFont2
Admin
Site Admin

Re: New BIG project...

Post by Admin »

I'm surprised by your report! On my PC it all works well. I can change everything and the lyrics runs as expected. I have had one other guy testing this and he is a "professional" Karaoke player and he was super satisfied. SO, what happens when you try to change the font color? You have obviously not seen the "Font" button at the lower left (see image).
Lyrics display
Lyrics display
Lyrics display.jpg (138.02 KiB) Viewed 5259 times
Both of the programs I have mentioned are very popular. Karaok5 can indeed display lyrics in MP3 files created by SynthFon2. The Stop button may be hard to find, but it is there, at the top. See image:
Karaoke5
Karaoke5
Karaok5.jpg (236.47 KiB) Viewed 5259 times
Here is an archive containing both the MIDI file and the MP3 file I have used for testing:
https://www.dropbox.com/t/mzvyJpDaSu8YCChr
Trygve Larsen

Post by Trygve Larsen »

Wow, that looks awesome Kenneth... I am probably a bad beta tester... :lol: Because when my stepdaughter came in, I asked her: Do you see any font box here? She said: Try to drag down the bottom a little.. And there it was ! :roll:
So the "problem" is the default window I guess? If you can make that a bit bigger, so that the font box is visible by default, then it will not also confuse other new user in the future.

But still, no scrolling of the text. Are you sure there is no other settings that I need to do for the text to scroll?

Another "problem" was when I wanted to render just one song to test it, the Mp3 is not available. Only wav and wma. So I am not sure if that can store the lyric as well? But I guess, when it is not rolling in SF2, then it probably will not also roll in karaoke5.

Ok, if we can not figure it out here, I will screen record the whole process and upload to my youtube channel for you to study what I am doing wrong...

All the best,
Trygve
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You should have the test version in the installation folder to be able to convert to other formats than MP3 or WMA.

I cannot see any reason for you not being able to see text showing in the foreground color (must be different from the text background color), and no reason for not scrolling. I think I need to make a special debug version for you.

I am waiting for your youtube video...
Trygve Larsen

Post by Trygve Larsen »

Ok, thanks Kenneth. THAT solved that problem. When I first downloaded the Beta version, I just putted it on the desktop. My bad. Sorry.
However, putting it on the SF2 folder solved only that, and not the lack of scrolling problem. So, ok, I will work on a video recording of every step I take, and post it...
Trygve Larsen

Post by Trygve Larsen »

Ok, here is the link:

https://youtu.be/LEHqPTV1hgA
Trygve Larsen

Post by Trygve Larsen »

BTW, tried the provided Mp3 (Dancing Queen) in VLC with Mini Lyric.. Worked perfectly... Just had to delay the lyric a bit.
After that I tried Karaoke 5, the free version, and it was all messed up...
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Interesting. Can you please send me that song?
Trygve Larsen

Post by Trygve Larsen »

It was the song you sent me.. 134-Dancing_queen2_abba (Somsak).mp3
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry, I meant the MIDI that doesn't scroll. The one you showed in the video.
Trygve Larsen

Post by Trygve Larsen »

Ok, sent...
So, did you see anything wrong I'm doing? Or, something I should have done in that videoclip?
Perhaps its time for that debug file you mention? Because, If this would work as intended by you, it's a BIG + for SF2, making it the ONLY software that can do this in a batch...