Newbie intro and qqq

Feel free to post here any thoughts, ideas, complaints, you-name-it not pertinent to any other forum listed below.
idgraham

Newbie intro and qqq

Post by idgraham »

Hallo to everyone. I have just really discovered SynthFont and for the moment have a sort of ‘where have you been all my life?” honeymoon feeling about it…..It promises to do within a single supported application things I have been trying to achieve by a combination of programmes, some rather antique.

I started on SynthFont 1.744, but elected to buy Synthfont 2 when I committed. There do seem to be some differences…..I hope you won’t mind a few housekeeping-type queries.

a. Is there a way to size the entire full window to the monitor/display settings?

b. The Tracks window of Plug and Play seems more restricted in SF2. Is it possible to have it more fully in view, not just a scrollable ‘letterbox’?

c. In 1.744, the Tracks window has (far left) a simple click box for each track to make it sound. I imagine such a useful feature has been carried forward, but the tick boxes as such aren’t there in SF2.

And a more interesting question, perhaps: any recommendations, please, for an initial FX plug-in ? I am interested in the obvious and classic effects – attack, especially; modulation, delay, reverb, chorus, cutoff, rise. Nothing fancy.

Many thanks for all assistance.
:D
Ian Graham
Wales UK
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Newbie intro and qqq

Post by Admin »

a. Do you mean to say that the program's window is too large to fit?
b. Maybe you can tell me more... A screenshot or something with notations?
c. Upon user demand the checkboxes have been replaced with buttons, [M] for mute (or play) and [S] for Solo.

Ohh... there are so many VST effects plugins out there, A rather old and complete set is found here:
https://www.kvraudio.com/developer/kjaerhus-audio
idgraham

Post by idgraham »

Good morning, and thank you for your reply.

I shall attach two pix, if I can. One shows the not-quite-fit of the GUI to my screen setting of 1024x768.

The second shows that I still have a problem with registering SF2 on my desktop - this attempt was a couple of minutes ago, and the text as seen is actually a direct paste from the actual email.

Doing the first pic has more or less answered my query about the Tracks view, by bringing the vertical scroll bar into the equation....

I'll check out kjaerhus.....

[At this stage of posting, I can't see an 'attach image' link/button. Maybe it will appear as I go through the posting process. If not, I'll email them to you.]

Thank you.

Ian Graham
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, you can also simply contact me via email - easier to send pics and attachments.