Any Chance for Multi-Outputs in SynthFont 1 or 2?

Feel free to post here any thoughts, ideas, complaints, you-name-it not pertinent to any other forum listed below.
N.C.

Any Chance for Multi-Outputs in SynthFont 1 or 2?

Post by N.C. »

Hi there,
I fell in love with synthfont 1 during the last four weeks. We`re starting to use synthfont as a Backing Midi Sequencer during our Bandpractise. Works absolutly well and pushes our sound to further inspirations.
But, I realy need to work with different Outputbusses. For example, split the Metronome from the Main Output of the Tracks.
We need to create a seperate Monitor Mix for Inearmonitoring apart from those Miditracks that feeds the Mixer.
I´m useing M-Audio Fast Track pro with 4 Outputs, but synthfont 1 allways uses just one stereo-output-bus.
Any chance for a multi-output setting or at least a workaround useing effectbusses?

Thanks for your answers and greetings from germany!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any Chance for Multi-Outputs in SynthFont 1 or 2?

Post by Admin »

I'm glad you like to software!
To begin with: there are already effects busses for VST effects. You can find these in the section "4 Plug & Play" / "VST Effects ("Fx")" / "FxBus Chain:". Press button (mostly reads "Main") to select a bus to edit. To use a bus go down to the tracks list, look at the header buttons. There you find one labelled "Fx Bus". Click it!

You may also have noticed the track mixer options at the right of the track list. Main use is to set track volume and pan.

I will happily accept any suggestions for improvements you may have!

Kenneth
N.C.

Post by N.C. »

Thanks a lot for your quick answer,

yes, I´ve noticed the Efx-Bus Option. But VST-Plugin Effect operate within the signalflow in synthfont, at the output all Busses are mixed together to the one Stereo-Main-Output of synthfont. I can`t find a way to use more than one stereo-output.

Except this little workarround:

The free VST Plugin "VST interfaced ASIO-Host"
http://www.pcjv.de/vst-plugins/effect-p ... utilities/
It sends the Effect Input of the Plugin directly to an assignable asio-outout.
That is what I was looking for.
Even though In my setup the "VST interfaced ASIO-Host" is extremly slow, so I have to deal with a bunth of latency.

There is another thing:
my synthfont doesn`t seem to use my asio Driver. The metronome, soundfonts, etc. allways uses the default WDM output. Different settings of the asio Options doesn`t change anything. Maybe there is something wrong with my setup....
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, it is true that you only have one stereo output for the speakers - hence all VST effects buses are in the end combined into the single output. BUT - you can choose to save audio files with audio for all 16 MIDI channels (and then also VST buses) separately. Look at the bottom of the dialog for "Play to File (Write)". There you find a box called "Separate channels". Could this be of help for you?