Sustain Pedal not Working

All about the development and use of SynthFont2
abehnke

Sustain Pedal not Working

Post by abehnke »

I cannot get my sustain (hold) pedal (CC64) to cause the appropriate action in SynthFont1 (1.723), SynthFont2 (2.0.6.2), or SyFonOne (1.054). I have make a test midi file with the sustain (CC64) control change. I press the pedal, play 3 different pitched staccato notes, wait bit and release the pedal. If I just click on the midi file so Windows runs it then it does the sustain. But not in any of the three Synth* products. I think it is sustaining just the last note played. Installed on a Win 7 - 64.

The SF specs says: "MIDI CC64 Sustain - ACTIVE when greater than or equal to 64. When the sustain function is active, all notes in the key-on state remain in the key-on state regardless of whether a key-off command for the note arrives. The key-off commands are stored, and when sustain becomes inactive, all stored key-off commands are executed."
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sustain Pedal not Working

Post by Admin »

The Sustain Pedal feature in SynthFont2 has gone through an large number of iterations lately due to improvements in other functions. I am not surprised if it doesn't work as it should. The implementation of this feature is quite different in SynthFont1 and in SyFonOne (all three programs have different implementations) so I am slightly surprised that none of them work. I will investigate!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Seems to work in all three - SynthFont2, SynthFont1 and SyFonOne. So please tell me more. Maybe you can send me a midi file that doesn't work?
abehnke

Post by abehnke »

Thanks for looking into this. I found out the problem. I was using an old Roland D50 keyboard which sends an "All Notes Off" command when all fingers are removed from the keyboard even if the sustain pedal is pressed at that time. No problem when using a newer keyboard.