Viena Feature Request: Export Percussion Kit instrument list

All about the SoundFont editor Viena
quattj

Viena Feature Request: Export Percussion Kit instrument list

Post by quattj »

I am looking for a way to produce a list all of the percussion in my soundfonts, the same way VirtualMIDISynth and Viena can export an instrument list for all of the instruments in the soundfont. Both will export a list of names of the percussion KITS, but not a list of what each percussion kit actually contains.

For example, in ColomboGMGS2, there is a percussion kit (62) called Cartoon FX. The name "Cartoon FX" is exported, but not what sounds are actually in "Cartoon FX". Not having a list of what FX are in the kit makes it difficult to select an item at a glance without having to manually listen to every sample.

Is it possible to have an export feature like this added in to Viena? It would really help on the project I am working on, which by my current estimates will probably take another 4-5 years for me to complete, so anything that can improve my workflow would be much appreciated. :)
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Viena Feature Request: Export Percussion Kit instrument list

Post by Admin »

Thanks for this suggestion. I am currently in the process of finalizing the next release of Viena and I will do my best to add this feature.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Actually, this feature is in some way already available. In File menu, at the bottom you find a menu item "Export note names" (bad name!). Have a look!
quattj

Post by quattj »

Oh, fantastic! This is just what I am looking for. I can use a text editor to modify it to fit my needs. If you can make an option to do them all at once, that would also be great! Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Great! Yes, I can certainly extend this feature a little bit.