Synthfont2x64 [Version 2.8.0.2] Major Bug

Feel free to post here any thoughts, ideas, complaints, you-name-it not pertinent to any other forum listed below.
Mardatron

Synthfont2x64 [Version 2.8.0.2] Major Bug

Post by Mardatron »

I noticed this bug the day the new version (2.8.0.2) was released. Whenever I change Soundfonts in a midi channel and go to change the preset, I get a critical error (which I cannot properly reproduce) and the "Select Preset" window is blank (Which happens constantly). The only workaround is choosing a "new" soundfont through the open button and choosing the same soundfont but pre-choosing the preset.

There's another bug that I have found, where the UI ends up double clicking constantly when choosing soundfonts. I find this annoying because I am constantly choosing soundfonts I don't want to use and it ends up becoming really frustrating. The only workaround I found for this is to click between the "Pan" and "Soundfile" buttons and quickly move the mouse away.

Another Bug I found is in the "Soundfont History" section of the Soundfile tab. If you have so many files in your history that the list goes into your taskbar, clicking on the last two will permanently change the cursor 9 items lower than your mouse, which makes it impossible to open new files.

I also find that if you accidently double-click the play/stop button the entire program hangs and you have to forcibly end the task through task manager.

These are all the bugs that I have found so far.
Regards, Anderson Nathan.

** Quick Update **

I have moved to my laptop which still has version 2.7.1.3 and most of these bugs do not exist. The only two bugs that are preexisting are the Soundfont History bug and the double-click/crash bug (Which has been around since I can remember). I shall try to update to the last 2.7.X.X update and see if the bugs show up then or if the bugs are a problem with the 2.8.X.X major update.

Regards,
Anderson, Nathan.
Discord - Mardatron#0782

Regards,
Marda / Nathan.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Synthfont2x64 [Version 2.8.0.2] Major Bug

Post by Admin »

Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Mardatron wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:50 am I noticed this bug the day the new version (2.8.0.2) was released. Whenever I change Soundfonts in a midi channel and go to change the preset, I get a critical error (which I cannot properly reproduce) and the "Select Preset" window is blank (Which happens constantly). The only workaround is choosing a "new" soundfont through the open button and choosing the same soundfont but pre-choosing the preset
I am pretty sure this is what has caused a "storm" of exception reports. I have all the details in the reports, but I have still not yet been able to understand what is the actual cause behind it. Annoying! But based on this process description above I think I have a clue now.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Mardatron wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:50 am Another Bug I found is in the "Soundfont History" section of the Soundfile tab. If you have so many files in your history that the list goes into your taskbar, clicking on the last two will permanently change the cursor 9 items lower than your mouse, which makes it impossible to open new files.
Added menu breaks in case the menu grows too long. It will be wider instead.
Mardatron

Post by Mardatron »

Would it be a possibility to add a scroll function instead? I'm fairly curious what exactly is causing the "double clicking" bug... Could I get a follow-up when or if you figure that one out?
Discord - Mardatron#0782

Regards,
Marda / Nathan.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I have tried to reproduce the "double clicking" bug, but without success. It sounds like a timing issue and may be PC/OS dependent. I have Windows 10 on an older, slower PC and 11 on a brand new one. On neither have I been able to reproduce. Can you give some more guidance?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Mardatron wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:41 am Would it be a possibility to add a scroll function instead?
Basically this would require the replacement of the standard Windows' popup menu by something totally different as a standard menu can't have scrollbars.
Mardatron

Post by Mardatron »

Admin wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:11 am I have tried to reproduce the "double clicking" bug, but without success. It sounds like a timing issue and may be PC/OS dependent. I have Windows 10 on an older, slower PC and 11 on a brand new one. On neither have I been able to reproduce. Can you give some more guidance?
I see... Sorry for getting back to you so late about this. I wasn't able to reproduce the double clicking issue, and I have a feeling it was something to do with my mouse. I pulled the old thing back out and found that it double clicked on a lot of things, so problem solved...?

I've tried again in 2.9.0.1 and I don't see any issues with anything else that I've previously talked about in this specific post. /// However I have noticed something wrong with the MIDI outputs but I made a new post about that.
Discord - Mardatron#0782

Regards,
Marda / Nathan.