What a great program! (Viena SoundFont Editor)

All about the SoundFont editor Viena
SirLanceALot

What a great program! (Viena SoundFont Editor)

Post by SirLanceALot »

To the programmer(s),
What a great program!!! Unbelievable it's free. After using it a bit on some MelloTron .sf2 files, I would've been glad to pay at least $20-$30 for it. I've paid a lot more for programs with a tenth of the features this one has! Maybe .sf2 files are not in wide use today, something.

I'm a retired design engr, circuit design & programmer (BSEE) I've developed programs that look like this one for DOD programs, using Delphi or Visual C++, and many others. I can tell a lot of work went into this one.

Thanks to you guys!
SirLanceALot

PS This program is so valuable, you definitely deserve some compensation for it. Maybe offer a trial period. We all like things for free, but when somebody offers something this good (and comes to my rescue), they deserve some incentive compensation to support the product.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: What a great program! (Viena SoundFont Editor)

Post by Admin »

Hi Sir! Thanks for your kind words. It is a very old project that started off as a small support tool for my MAJOR project: SynthFont. SoundFonts had been falling into decline in the beginning of the 2000's and at some stage people were praising GIGASOUND files (*.gig) as the only real sample package. I thought this this was unjust. SoundFonts had still a lot to offer. But, as the only really good SoundFont editor at that time was Vienna from Creative Labs which was dependent on having an audio board from Creative, I decided to created Viena, modeled after Vienna.

Taking into account how far I have developed Viena now, it actually sounds like a good suggestion to let people in on it by allowing for a license of sort. Must think about it.

BTW: Viena is the name of an area in Russian Karelia on the border of Finland. Historically and culturally it has been a part of Finland, where I live.

Kenneth
Analyst, producer and programmer