VSTSynthFont hangs when playing instruments for the first time

notsevendy

Re: VSTSynthFont hangs when playing instruments for the first time

Post by notsevendy »

OK, at first glance, it appears to work really great;

BUT,

(and this is obscure in the extreme) it causes VSTHost to hang on closing if the VSTHost "performance" includes an instance of the plugin "VSTNotepad" (which has another problem, independent of VSTSynthFont, which is why I was able to narrow down the culprit so rapidly). It seems to work fine in all other hosts I've tried, preliminarily. Give me a day or two to explore this.

Thanks again for all your effort!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Thanks.
The MAJOR change I've made is in the use of the dynamic library. It has become clear to me that the dynamic library manager offered by my development environment (RAD Studio Delphi) is NOT compatible with rather many hosts - especially not earlier versions of Cubase. Switching over to a standard C/C++ compatible manager was a major task. There are probably still some unsolved issues.
notsevendy

Post by notsevendy »

I seem to have uncovered a curious problem with 1.100. I have what appear at first to be two identical MIDI files (their event lists are the same, but inspecting the files in a text editor reveal some differences): one plays correctly, the other has its NOTE OFF commands ignored. I have other files which also will not play correctly, their NOTE OFF commands being ignored. I'd like to submit the files for your inspection, but I'm not able to get the "attachments" feature of the reply submission to work.

The problem occurs with the two hosts that I tried: Anvil Studio and VSTHost. I started with an existing file which rendered correctly with 1.073, but misbehaved with 1.100; I pared it back to the beginning of one track, and then manually re-entered the NOTE OFF times in an event list editor. This fixed the problem! Some sort of truncation error?
Last edited by notsevendy on Tue May 01, 2018 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Just send them to my email address: kenneth at synthfont dot com
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Friend!
I just want to inform you all that new versions of VSTSynthFont has been published on the web site. Go there to see what's new.
http://www.synthfont.com/VSTSF_news.html