Any bugs recently? Having some issues...

All about the SoundFont editor Viena
mike

Any bugs recently? Having some issues...

Post by mike »

Hi everyone,

I was doing some work the last day and had some issues but I'm not sure if it was before updating to 0.978 or before.
The only thing I changed on my SF2 since then was replacing some older drum samples with newer ones and since then almost all of my preset layers are mixed up. See here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/285 ... 0Viena.png

Any idea what have could gone wrong?
used to be "likeaguest"
sammy

Re: Any bugs recently? Having some issues...

Post by sammy »

Hi!
I can confirm this behaviour - (I was thinking that I'm doing something wrong...)
Same thing happens if I perform "purge unused items".
Hope this helps!
Best regards!
poopsy11

Post by poopsy11 »

Same problem here...

I have one huge Soundfont I am working on and once I save the soundfont after a sample-replace from another soundfont all the sample assignments are COMPLETELY messed up. Good thing I still had a backup, although some hours worth of work I had done previously was lost. This really needs to be fixed.

Another thing worth mentioning is that I'm using Windows 10 x64 and Viena will only start under Windows XP compatibility mode, otherwise I get a crash message when I try to launch the program.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Busy fixing bugs....

poopsy11: I have Windows 10 also but I have not had any problems with any (old) version of Viena, so event if I compile the new one on Windows 10 I cannot guarantee that it will work for you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Simply adding audio samples from another SoundFont (using Copy/paste Samples) doesn't seem to cause any problems. There must be more to it. But what? Any help from you guys is much appreciated. You could start by verifying my finding (no problem with simply Copy/paste).