(Same old) new problems in V 1.150

All about the SoundFont editor Viena
Vanco

(Same old) new problems in V 1.150

Post by Vanco »

V 1.150
"Sample data spill over into other again (similar like in V 0.990)".
Especially if I use short unlooped samples (like drums) it spills with other samples, after saving a soundfont.
As far as I can tell the problem appears, if you have mono and stereo-samples (like drums) combined together in an instrument.
Either you only use mono or only stereo samples to fix the problem (I recommend stereo samples).

Viena 1.150 and Plogue Sforzando_x64
Sforzando can`t read/convert soundfonts into sfz anymore, created with Viena V 1.150.
No matter if you use a simple single instrument or a complex soundfont-kit.
Remedy here is the use of an earlier Viena version only.
(For some reason, Sforzando deactivates "loop points" arbitrary where are none. Especially on mono-samples/one-shot sample without loop points.
I think this is a Sforzando-problem `cause such a problematic soundfont runs flawlessly inside a VST3 compiler, but the "spill problems" can also be found here.)

V 1.150 caused serious problems for me, so I preferred to go to an earlier version to be full VST3 compatible when programming VSTi`s.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: (Same old) new problems in V 1.150

Post by Admin »

Thus sounds so odd... I've tried to reproduce it but I couldn't. Maybe my "short" samples were not short enough. I wonder if you can help me out here. Send me a broken soundfont.
tssf

Post by tssf »

Hello,

I've had the same issue. I'm saving (probably larger) SF2 files with Viena. Polyphone, Awave and other SF2 players won't load them and Sforzando says there's errors after I save.

SynthFontVSTi will load the files.

Viena will reload them. (I'm afraid the fix will corrupt my files and I'll lose them heh)

Here is a link of an example file (short samples) that is corrupted.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There was a bug introduced in version 1.151 and the saved file was indeed corrupt. Here as a test version for you:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xq09evv6owlhg ... A.rar?dl=0
This is the 32 bit version for now, but that shouldn't be a problem.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Released version 1.152 today. Fixed a few other reported bugs as well.

Still have not been able to reproduce this reported problem:
Sample data spill over into other again (similar like in V 0.990)
Need help!
kpr

Post by kpr »

This week I have started a new sample library project and as usual I wanted to work with Viena.

As recommended by the software I updated Viena to the latest version and noticed, that the loop function doesn't work anymore when loading the exported SF file into any sample player. To compare it to earlier SF files created with Viena I loaded the and their loops are acivated.

I loaded both test files (one works, one don't) with several SF format compatibles: Extreme Sample Converter, Korg Kronos, Alesis Fusion. No luck, loop is off.

I used the sample looped audio files to create the mapped multisample with ManyMapper, it exports as Wusikstation format. Extreme Sample Converter loads the files with active loops and converts to SF format. This SF format file plays the loops perfectly.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Would it be too much to ask if you send me one small SF2 you have made with bad loops?
kpr

Post by kpr »

Sure, I can do that.

Actually the loop is not bad, it's just off when playing the SF with another sampleplayer instead of Viena. The WAV file is looped, the import to Viena works and the looped sample playback is correct too, as long as the selector box Loop On is checked.

I send two files to your email address. One is an older one I did with an previous Viena version where the loop was exported fine, the second on is created now with the lates Viena version.

I'm off my studio right now, will return by weekend and then send the files.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Great! No hurry.
kpr

Post by kpr »

The loop problem is solved, thanks to the quick help of developer Kenneth.

By the way, it was Operator Trouble, I should have looked into the manual again.

Thanks for everything, especially for the great Viena software!