Using the Definitions file concept.

All about the SoundFont editor Viena
Admin
Site Admin

Using the Definitions file concept.

Post by Admin »

This is basically as scripting feature designed to help you create new SoundFont and edit existing ones. Read more about it here:
http://www.synthfont.com/The_Definitions_File.pdf
Sly

Re: Using the Definitions file concept.

Post by Sly »

I think this is exactly what I need, using many many sample in my project, I should be able to set every new instrument quickly grace to this feature.

I may have found a small bug though :
I use stereo samples. When importing the samples in Viena, the pan of left and right sample are OK : +50 and -50.
When exporting the definition file, in excel it shows -50 for the first sample, 0 for the 2nd, +50 for the third, 0 for the 4th, etc....
Then, Re-improting the definition file in Viena, the pan is now -50, 0, 0, 0, +50, 0, 0, 0, -50, etc...

After another cycle of exporting/ importing : the pan is now : -50, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, +50, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, -50 and so on....

really sound like a bug
Last edited by Sly on Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Thanks! I have been occupied with other projects lately and will be so next week, but after that I will have a look at Viena, so keep posting your findings and comments and wishes.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I have tried to reproduce the bug. I created a new SoundFont with a handful of stereo samples. Exported to a definitions file - looks good: i get "50.0, -50.0, 50.0, -50.0 ..." and so on.
Thinking...