Site Admin

Re: Mute or change Drums in Batch convert midi +more

Post by Admin »

This is a newer version of the Scripts document:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmwgo2o8hr8mr ... s.pdf?dl=0
Trygve Larsen

Post by Trygve Larsen »

"I have made some scripts for other people and I guess I could create one for you as well." Wow! Really? THAT would be great... I have no clue in scriptwriting, so for me it is a very welcomed offer... And, probably a useful addition to the other feature as well if script u write for specific users ALSO can be used by others. BUT, I should probably take the time my self, to learn the scripting... I open the dropbox to download the documentation, but dropbox says it's not there anymore...
Trygve Larsen

Post by Trygve Larsen »

Ah, I saw u had uploaded a new in the meantime, when I was doing something else... Thanks Kenneth...
Trygve Larsen

Post by Trygve Larsen »

By the way, I just found a FREE program that does a lot of batch changes to midi files; https://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedi ... izer.shtml
It can change volume, velocity, mute channels etc., AND also filenames--- So THAT was a good find for me... Perhaps u can find a way to integrate it in SF?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Oh yes, I have stumbled upon this program before. And some other similar ones. I've always thought that I don't want to spend too much time simply reproducing other people's work. Thus SynthFont (1|2) has never gone into the direction of a run-of-mill DAW but taken other directions. I suggest you try the software you've found at first and if it (they) isn't up to the job then let's discuss the scripting alternative.
Trygve Larsen

Post by Trygve Larsen »

Yes, totally understand u for that.... So, the files or folders I want to convert, that has some unwanted things in it, I just run this normalizer FIRST, then SF...

Next up is to find a way to save the individual Kontakt instruments, so it loads correctly every time I reload SF.. But I guess that is something I need to address to Native Instrument.. Kind of have different default setting for each instance that SF loads..

IF SF have taken a different direction then u wanted for it, it is STILL the ONE AND ONLY one, that DOES what and how I personally want for conversation jobs..
Trygve Larsen

Post by Trygve Larsen »

I tried to register in Native Instrument Forum, to get some advice about the matter, but got this message; Your registration has been rejected as it resembles automated or spam-like behavior. Please contact the administrator for further information or assistance. Tried to google it, and just saw one post from another saying the same happen to him... No answer from NI... :cry:
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I MIGHT be able to help if you tell me e little bit more. As I see it, in SynthFont2, the solution most be based on saving the Kontakt setup into separate ("chunck") files and recall them at will.
Trygve Larsen

Post by Trygve Larsen »

Ok, great if u could... :D Not sure what I can tell more.. I usually load Kontakt for this following instrument overrides; Piano, then for all the brass, wood and string instruments... All from the Kontakt factory Library.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

This is what I'm thinking of:

If you load Kontakt for various Bank:Presets in the Override scheme and choose Kontakt instruments there as well for each of these, SynthFont2 saves files for all Kontakts with their Instrumens selections. The file names are saved in the Override data structure. The files are standard VST FXP-files but SynthFont gives them the extension ".ovr". You may actually already see some of them in the folder "C:\Users\<YOU>\AppData\Roaming\SynthFont", like "0-0-1-Kontakt-1143236942.ovr".

Now, what I am thinking of is the NEXT step. The next version of SynthFont2 will let you save Overrides into separate files (and not only into SynthFont.ini) and in this case the ".ovr" files must be separated as you may have one "0-0-1-Kontakt-1143236942.ovr" for a Override file A and another for Override file B. Currently this is not supported, but it could easily be. Does this sound like something you could make use of?