Synthfont 2.5.0.2 Bugs

All about the development and use of SynthFont2
Elven Spellmaker

Synthfont 2.5.0.2 Bugs

Post by Elven Spellmaker »

Hey Kenneth,

1.) I'm noticing some strange behaviour in the latest version for me (Windows 10)

This box as you can see is missing almost all the buttons and none of them work, also the box always appears in the centre of the screen on every load of the programme rather than where I last put it.

When you're playing the box shows the time, all the buttons look pressable but they don't do anything!

2.) I can't set Default VSTs, I press the save button but they're not remembered!

3.) The playback box from 1 is always on-top of all windows even when SynthFont isn't on the top or minimised!

Any help would be great thanks =)
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Synthfont 2.5.0.2 Bugs

Post by Admin »

Thanks!
I haven't been working on SynthFont2 for a LONG time as I have been fully occupied with two other, new projects (one related, one not). Now it looks like both of them are coming to a close (for now) and I will pick up SynthFont2 and SynthFont1 from where I left them.
Here is a test version I made in March: https://www.dropbox.com/t/rWjUPITFHFLbGqB8
It looks like your item 1) is solved.
3) This behavior is "by definition". This was a request from a user ages ago. Could be optional of course.
Elven Spellmaker

Post by Elven Spellmaker »

Admin wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:08 am Thanks!
I haven't been working on SynthFont2 for a LONG time as I have been fully occupied with two other, new projects (one related, one not). Now it looks like both of them are coming to a close (for now) and I will pick up SynthFont2 and SynthFont1 from where I left them.
Here is a test version I made in March: https://www.dropbox.com/t/rWjUPITFHFLbGqB8
It looks like your item 1) is solved.
3) This behavior is "by definition". This was a request from a user ages ago. Could be optional of course.
Hey Kenneth, no worries, thanks for getting back to me!

This version seems to fix 2, but not 1!

(Also the What's New dialogue appeared outside of my screen and I had to use Alt+Space and Move to move it back on the screen to close it!)
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are some odd things which I think comes with the latest development environment. Must see if I can find work-arounds.