String playback note attack

Feel free to post here any thoughts, ideas, complaints, you-name-it not pertinent to any other forum listed below.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: String playback note attack

Post by Admin »

This is an example of setting envelope attack time for two different key regions:

Code: Select all

<region>
sample=440.ogg lokey=0 hikey=59 loop_start=12629 loop_end=56728 loop_mode=loop_continuous
ampeg_attack=1.0

<region>
sample=440.ogg lokey=60 hikey=127 loop_start=12629 loop_end=56728 loop_mode=loop_continuous
ampeg_attack=2.0
The first region has an attack time of 1 sec and the other 2 secs.

In this simple example the sample is the same, but of course you would also have a number of different samples for a number of key regions.
Bernard Kemp

Post by Bernard Kemp »

Well, thank you for your replies but I don't think we can go much further. I had already added the ampeg_attack to a region definition, just for testing, but It made no difference at all in the playback. Of course I could have missed something but I made it as simple as I could to avoid introducing other problems. In any event, the solution you have shown discriminates between the region on the basis of pitch, and you could do it on velocity, but I want it on note length, *in real time*. And that is still only the start of the solution.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Bernard, it is important for you to understand that the note length information is NOT part of the note-on information! The note length is only set later by a note-off event, thus, at note-on the attack length cannot be set based on the - still unknown - note length. Only the note value and the velocity are part of the note-on information.