VSTSynthFont with sfogg or sf2pack support

dj.ti

VSTSynthFont with sfogg or sf2pack support

Post by dj.ti »

Hello

It's possible to add support for compressed formats such as sfogg or sf2pack to VSTSynthFont. This would significantly speed up the loading of fonts. By the way, is there an option to add back the function of loading/unloading fonts to RAM.

Best Regards
Admin
Site Admin

Re: VSTSynthFont with sfogg or sf2pack support

Post by Admin »

Sfogg (or .sf3) should be relatively easy to add. I more or less have it on the to-do lit. Sf2pack is harder to support as I am not aware of any DLL that could be used. For sfArk there is at least a 32 bit DLL, which is used by SynthFont. (No 64 bit though, as far as I know).

in the latest version, the default SoundFont is loaded into RAM by default. There is no switch to tune it on/off, though.
dj.ti

Post by dj.ti »

Thanks for quick response. It would be nice to have some compressed format SF3 is a good option :)
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

VSTSynthFont will in the near future have full support for my own compressed SoundFont format, SFKR. Already now there is a limited support available in the current public version. Limited means that this version lets you use only free SoundFonts in the SFKR format. For example, you can try this one, developed for our MidiSoundSynth project: http://synthfont.com/MidiSoundSynth/MSSFreeSF2_GM.sfkr. Most other SoundFonts in this format must be purchased.