Any upper limit in override with VSTi ?

All about the development and use of SynthFont2
Trygve Larsen

Any upper limit in override with VSTi ?

Post by Trygve Larsen »

Hi Kenneth!
I'm about to start a new project, converting Midi to Wav.. This time 16 channels midi.. When I had selected up to 11 of this instrument, Synthfont 2 stopped open up the window to select the VSTi from. Is this a bug, or a limit in how many such overrides we can have?

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any upper limit in override with VSTi ?

Post by Admin »

Sounds like a bug... Can you tell me more?

Trygve Larsen

Re: Any upper limit in override with VSTi ?

Post by Trygve Larsen »

Ok-- I was loading 11 VSTi override, then when I tried to load number 12, that box still coming up to chose the VSTi.. BUT how many times I clicked on Kontakt, NOTHING happened...

Then, after I posted this post, I continue to try... Then THIS happen.. When I went to Files/folder and selected a folder with 14 midifiles, it started converting them, but the result was without the piano ! So I went back to the plug and play window and tried playing the song from there.. And THERE I could SEE the volume indicator move, but NO SOUND.. Tired to change back to soundfont, but STILL no sound.. The other channels gave sounds...

One thing I observed was this.. I tried to install the 32bit version, and to my surprise it seemed it read the same init file as for the 64bit init files, since all the VST overrides was there ! But when I installed the 64bit version, I selected ONLY 64 bit VSTi ! How can THAT happen? No warning that it could not load the VSTi... But of course it did not give any sound... So I chose to RESET and loaded the 32bit VST i ONLY... THEN it gave sound.. BUT, only the FIRST get sound on all channels.. The rest got various sounds.. Could it be that the midifiles in this particular folder had the instrument assigned to different channels..?

So then I tried to load the 64bit version again.. ANd the same happen here. The 32 bit VSTi I had selected for the 32bit version, was now loaded in to the 64bit version ! And it gave sound !! BUT same as the 32bit.. It seems like the override cannot handle different channels, like soundfont can?
So that the different instrument HAVE TO be on the right channels in order for the VSTi override to work`?