Never used Viena - can it split a HEWGE soundfont?

All about the SoundFont editor Viena
ulrichburke

Never used Viena - can it split a HEWGE soundfont?

Post by ulrichburke »

Dear Forum.

I've got Caed's Soundfont. In his wisdom, he's made it the wonderfully manageable size (I WISH!!) of 3.4GIG!! I airily thought 'Oh, I'll download it, chuck it into SFZ Splitter, see what the instruments sound like....

Slight technical hitch, SFZ splitter can't read it. I think it's just too big for the program. It recognises it AS a soundfont - it just can't list it all. And my soundfont player - SFz+ - which despite its name is ONLY for SF2s and .WAVs - can't read it either. Again, I think it's just too big.

Would Viena be able to split it up into individual instruments? If yes - remembering I've never used the program - could someone tell me how to make it do it?

Sorry to be a pain. Would be nice to know what the sounds sounded like, is all!

Why did he make it so big and not a zipped suite of smaller ones!?!

Yours respectfully

Chris.
ulrichburke

Re: Never used Viena - can it split a HEWGE soundfont?

Post by ulrichburke »

Change to the original post - just checked that thing's size properly - it's OVER 4 GIGABYTES!! Sheesh - thought the whole point of soundfonts was they were SMALL!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is a sized limit "baked" into the SoundFont structure that makes it hard to reach over 4 GB. The largest I have worked with in Viena is 3.98 GB or, more exact, 4 182 576 490 bytes.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you can read it into Viena, then you can split it.