Any Batch edit of midifile possible?

All about the development and use of SynthFont2
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any Batch edit of midifile possible?

Post by Admin »

I have move all discussions of this topic here as this is a feature that will be available in SynthFont 2 only

Kontakt is a bit tricky. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Especially the current VST bridge (32 to 64 or vice versa) isn't 100% reliable. Improvements are on the way.

How to set the frequency of standard A: go to page "Plug & Play", then "Other Options". To the far right you find in the group "Other tools and options" what you are looking for.
Trygve Larsen

Post by Trygve Larsen »

Ok, thanks for a quick respond Kenneth... But sample rate Hz is NOT the same as tuning Hz... But anyway, if I could just be able to batch convert my midifiles, using Kontakt, then I will still prefer Synthfont2 over VLC... Because I can use Audacity to batch convert the Mp3 to 432Hz after rendering it in Synthfont2.. Just a few steps more...;)

However, my problem is STIL to find the VSTi IU ! I found it ONCE, and could see it was there...;) But as you know, as a NEW user, it takes time to be familiar with a USER interface.. SO, having the problem TWICE, after actually FINDING it ONCE, just telling me this VSTi UI should be more easy to locate... Because, as right know, I am in the Plug and Play window, where I find; VST instr. So far so good.. It is here, when selecting the VSTi, the UI SHOULD automatically pop up IMO... Because, like in many, and in Kontakt in particular, it is THERE we do our selection of instruments/settings.. There should be no reason to have to load the UI after selecting the VSTi instrument... So my mystery right now is; Where the heck IS the button for bringing up the UI ????

It obviously WAS there.. But I have no memory of what I was clicking at the time when I was messing around trying to figure it out... I just appeared right beside the VSTi button, so I said to my self; AH, there you are ! ;) BUT, right NOW, it is no longer there...;) What is there right now, to the right of the VSTi button is; MIDI out, SF2 Preset, FX bus, and PSM...

Can it be, that it is actually open, but out of visual area on my screen? It happens in Band in a Box before, with my low screen resolution i prefer because of my nearsightedness... But PG.Music have fixed it now... Because, I observe there is some of the area to the left that is HALF way out of the screen area, so I cannot read what it says there...

BTW, when I was messing around just now, I came across a window called Scale Tuning... I think HERE is the place where you could put in an option for a 432Hz tuning...;) OR, the option might actually BE THERE already.. Because as I remember from a blog, telling how to tune it by changing the SPEED of playback only.. Link here; https://roelhollander.eu/en/432-tuning/ ... eo-player/
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

See here:
Set_STD_A_Show_VSTI.png
Set_STD_A_Show_VSTI.png (91.99 KiB) Viewed 19377 times
Trygve Larsen

Post by Trygve Larsen »

Ah, yeah, now we start closing in here.. I was misunderstaning u, thinking u refered to the sampling rate option.. So now I found it and set it to 432Hz... Good ! But the VSTi UI ? I can't figure out how to do what the text to the image says.. Where do I find that option?; "Set_STD_A_Show_VSTI" Looking all over for it ...;)
This is how it looks for me right now;
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I've written a short introduction to the Macro language for anyone to investigate at the moment. You can find it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0j2ohtp4ab9q2 ... s.pdf?dl=0

This is based on work I did end 2013 - February 2014 and there are a number of open issues.

The function "ProcessMidiFolder" seems to work. This is for replacing pedal hold values and creating audio files for all midi files in a folder.

I will be "out of office" until Monday next week.
Trygve Larsen

Post by Trygve Larsen »

Admin wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:00 pm Sorry. look here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1rvtpgyrubpc ... I.png?dl=0
But that is exactly the same image I said " I can't figure out how to do what the text to the image says.. Where do I find that option?; "Set_STD_A_Show_VSTI" Looking all over for it ...;) "
That button "VSTi Prog" is not visible ! ! ! So how do I get it visible ????
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Trygve, I cannot figure out what kind of problem you have now. I've tested this on two other computers - three all in all - and the image shows up. In the first case it shows up inside the text and in the second case it is a link, but pressing the link takes you to the image. On all three computers.

Here is a short description of the image.

Top left you should see a box with the heading text "Other tools and options". Inside this box you see the setting for standard A, by default 440 HZ.

At the bottom you see part of the tracks list with part of the header with buttons. One of the buttons will have the text "SF2 Preset" if the track you have selected has been assigned a SoundFont (or similar file) while the caption will be "VSTI Prog" if the track has been assigned a VST instrument, as in this image.

This list and header you can only see when you are in the page 4 Plug & Play. The same thing you can actually see here: http://www.synthfont.com/TutorialX.html. At the top you will see SynthFont[1] with a tracks list having various SoundFonts and one VST Instrument. Because a SoundFont is assigned to the selected track (#8), the button in question has the caption "SF2 Preset" (although the whole of the caption is not visible). Scroll down to the bottom of the page too see a screen shot of SynthFont2 with the same arrangement loaded. The track with the VST instrument (#5) is now selected and you see that the caption of the button is "VSTI Prog".
Trygve Larsen

Post by Trygve Larsen »

Well, I guess it's mostly a misunderstanding question of what I was trying to tell u in the first place.. I said; " I can't figure out how to do what the text to the image says.. Where do I find that option?; "Set_STD_A_Show_VSTI"

So I DID NOT say that I could not see the image u posted... Just that little text to the picture...
But now, when u explained a little more, like; "One of the buttons will have the text "SF2 Preset" if the track you have selected has been assigned a SoundFont (or similar file) while the caption will be "VSTI Prog" if the track has been assigned a VST instrument, as in this image."

THAT explain it to me, WHY it was not visible to me when I opened a midi track... BUT, then; I have NOT assigned anything to the midifile I want to convert... I just go in the file menu, chose "open midi/Arrangement file", as that is the ONLY option for opening/bring in a midifile I can see... Then clicking on the pianoroll window. And I can see the track is there. And THEN, when I click on the plug and play icon, this "VSTI Prog" icon IS NOT THERE ! ONLY the "SF2 Preset".. So it is HERE the confusion comes in; WHAT do I do from here to make the "VSTi prog" visible, so I can choose the VSTi from here ? And I repeat; I have not ASSIGNED ANYTHING YET...

So I think the program it self need to be redesigned in some way, so this confusion can be avoided... Because, as I am messing around and try to se what can be done, it IS indeed a excellent program u have developed.. This program can do stuff that no other program can do.. It's just to hard to find out how to use it, so I am almost giving up on it...
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

See the FAQ here: http://www.synthfont.com/SynthFont_FAQ.html
There is one question "How do I use a VST Instrument instead of a SoundFont". Click on it to display the answer. It is short, I know, but maybe you could start there?

The text I referred to in the image - "Press this to show this:" in red above thew VST Prog button which was outlined with a red box - is text which I of course have added to the image - it is not found in the software, so if you were looking for it there I can understand your confusion.

For your convenience I have included here another image, below. In this one the button you need to use to add a VST instrument to a track is marked in yellow. When pressing it, a window will pop up listing all VST instruments you have registered in the software. If you still haven't registered anything you can press the "Manage VST instruments" button to do so. In my example I have marked in yellow a VST instrument, "Clavia Lab", that I might choose. (Again, this is only marked in the image, of course). Image is here:
How to add a VST instrument to a track
How to add a VST instrument to a track
HowtoaddVSTInstrument.png (13.31 KiB) Viewed 19338 times
There is an alternative to using the button above: you can use the tracks list context sensitive menu. This one you pop up by pressing the RIGHT mouse button on the tracks list.
How to add a VST instrument to a track - use menu
How to add a VST instrument to a track - use menu
HowtoaddVSTInstrument-menu.png (33.1 KiB) Viewed 19338 times
I have to add that you find this menu also through the main menu at the top: go to "Edit" and select menu item "Track functions"