Viena 0.980

All about the SoundFont editor Viena
notsevendy

Viena 0.980

Post by notsevendy »

It's been a long time since I used Viena, but I've tried to keep it updated, just in case. A few days ago I needed to edit an old SoundFont, and naturally, started up the latest version--0.980. There seem to be a number of glitches in the UI that aren't there in the older version (I keep some around for just these occasions):

On the preset layers panel, the parameter units are wrong, displaying the instrument units and not the preset units--for example, "Mod LFO Freq" should be (X), not (Hz). Both Synthfont 1 and the older Viena versions displayed the units correctly.

Also on the preset layers panel, the key ranges are not displayed graphically on the keyboard, and clicking on the column headings screws up the column colors (play with it--you'll see what I mean). No comparable problems for the instrument panels.

While editing parameters of instruments with many splits, some sort of UI corruption elicted messages about Viena errors. The semi-automatic error reporting was invoked, but I stopped sending them after a while. The problem seems to be limited to the UI, and the edited files were not corrupted.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Viena 0.980

Post by Admin »

Thanks,
Viena has gone through a larger number of changes lately cue to my [last] attempt to come up a with an acceptable strategy for linking with SynthFont2. I think I am on the right way, though. Can you please tell me what user name you are logged into on your computer and also the OS version?
notsevendy

Re: Viena 0.980

Post by notsevendy »

Windows 7 x64 as "Don"--is this to align me with the error reports? If so, don't worry about it, I eventually completed the edits successfully--somehow.