SynthFont2 2.3.2.0 "bugs"

All about the development and use of SynthFont2
Elven Spellmaker

SynthFont2 2.3.2.0 "bugs"

Post by Elven Spellmaker »

Hey Kenneth,

Nice to see you're still updating SynthFont. :D

I have a few problems with the latest version (I've somehow lost the long running bug thread I'm sure we had):

1.) The new Instructions box keeps popping up all the time for me on hover, not on click which means it triggers quite often!
Would it be possible to change it to a click please?

2.) I see you've stretched the buttons across the top to span the full width of the screen, was this intentional? I find it really jarring in terms of muscle memory for when I'm on different screens of different sizes (I can't rely on buttons being in known locations anymore!), and also it makes it hard for me to now find space for the floating playback bar!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: SynthFont2 2.3.2.0 "bugs"

Post by Admin »

Hi Elven1
Nice to hear from you!
1) Easy to change to "on click".
2) This is related to the fact that I had to change the button types! The new version of RAD Studio (10.4) has a nasty bug: buttons with icons above the text often becomes unreadable as the text becomes written on top of the icon, and not beneath. I was forced to make a quick change in order to get this version out before summer holidays. At the same time something else related to the layout had to be changed. I'll look into it for the next release. I have no hope though that Embarcadero will fix this bug any time soon.

There's another annoying behavior - not bug - that I also need to fix soon: This checkbox is checked by default, which makes songs stop immediately at the stop mark without letting notes ring off gracefully:
stop-at-end-mark.png
stop-at-end-mark.png (29.96 KiB) Viewed 12218 times
Elven Spellmaker

Hey!

> 2) This is related to the fact that I had to change the button types! The new version of RAD Studio (10.4) has a nasty bug: buttons with icons above the text often becomes unreadable as the text becomes written on top of the icon, and not beneath. I was forced to make a quick change in order to get this version out before summer holidays. At the same time something else related to the layout had to be changed. I'll look into it for the next release. I have no hope though that Embarcadero will fix this bug any time soon.
Oh no!

Oh I did wonder why it was stopping abruptly, thanks!

I've just discovered another bug with this version:

If I'm playing a song, say one with just Piano and I switch to another preset while playing and try to switch back, the UI shows it switched back but the sound doesn't update!
Elven Spellmaker

Hey Kenneth!

I've just witnessed another couple of bugs with the latest 2.x of SynthFont:

1.) I've just tried to import a VST Plugin and SynthFont brought up this error:

All audio stops and if I click OK it just brings up another one (the music advances by a few ticks and then stops) and this keeps going (I killed SynthFont in the end)

2.) On Tab 3 the MIDI Events tab, the events aren't scrolling with the music any more and stays rooted to the top throughout a file.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hey Elven! Glad to see you still use the software!
1) The 32-to-64 bridge is indeed still at "BETA" status. :lol:
2) I noticed this some time ago and tried to fix it! :x
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Elven, for case 1) it would possibly help if you could tell me which plugin(s) you tried to import.