I have today released version 184.108.40.206
@TheTrustedComputer. The Key Signature contains two bytes. The first is the number of sharps or flats. A positive value in the range 0..7 indicates sharps, while a negative value indicates flats.
@ray890: selecting files using the keyboard letters seems to work almost 100% if you do it slowly. I don't know why. I will investigate more when I am back from my vacation. (About the Libraries issue - I didn't get it, you double-clicked in the files
list, I clicked in the tree
list. Stupid of me!)
@AndrewU: Thanks for the file! It helped me solve the issue (I believe, only you can confirm) and actually helped me solve another problem with "MIDI files with unfortunate combinations of Time Signature and Tempo changes" as mentioned below.
@KaleidonKep99: Good you spotted this. This function - and many others - were never intended to be available during playback. I have disabled most of them now, but there may still be some others that may cause havoc if used during playback.
As per Wednesday next week I will be away for a week - really! I will possibly have an opportunity to do some development work on Friday July 31st if things look really bad. Then I will be out of office again for the better of two weeks
Below is the official list of bug fixes and new features:
- Version 220.127.116.11 introduced a serious bug that might prevent the program from starting
- The virtual keyboard kept playing in the background after closing the open SoundFont file dialogue
- Moving the region in the mini Pianoroll window by dragging it did not work as expected
- Normalize channel files now works
- The use of "cut not short" for handling of overlapping notes could cause random noise in notes cut short
- In "Midi events" page: changing Pan value (range 0..127) now updates value in range -64-+64 as well
- In "Midi events" page: the list did not show the correct key for the META event Key Signature in case of a Minor scale (Note: SynthFont2 does NOT try to determine the key based on the notes in the tune, but only displays the values set in the META event)
- Changing the MIDI channel for a track in either the "Midi events" page or in the "Plug & Play" tracks list would not always cause the Events list data to be updated
- In "Files / Folders", the files list at the bottom: double-clicking on the "Libraries" item (under Desktop) would cause a jump to My Computer instead (clicking on Libraries in the tree list to the left did work, though)
- In "Files / Folders", play preview did not work when clicking on a file in the files list
- In "Files / Folders", pressing Enter key or double-clicking on a file in the files list might cause the registered application to open for the file. This is no longer allowed.
- All three items above are also valid for the file save and open dialogues. Additionally in the dialogue file list, selecting a folder would display the folder name in the "File name" edit box
- MIDI files stored on a network location – and some other MIDI files – might cause the message "The MIDI file cannot be found!"
- Creating a new MIDI track by copying events from another track would erroneously assign the same MIDI channel to the new track
- Some functions that were supposed to be disabled while playing were still enabled. Using them could cause the program to freeze or crash
- Some MIDI files with unfortunate combinations of Time Signature and Tempo changes were not correctly analysed for absolute time of events. This had no impact on the playback speed or sound but the playback range might be inaccurate.
- SFZ files have not been correctly imported since version 18.104.22.168. Neither has the note velocity value been used for tracks with SFZ files
- Some issues related to handling of VST plugins fixed
- Voice "Cutter" checkbox next to the Voices limit list. Cutter cuts note-off events for which the decay level has fallen below a certain threshold which level depends on the voice count. This is the default behaviour in SynthFont1 and SynthFont2 up to version 22.214.171.124. Use to keep the voice count down.
- In Pianoroll, the vertical zoom list has been augmented with items for 4 and 5 pixels