New test version

All about the development and use of SynthFont2
Admin
Site Admin

Re: New test version

Post by Admin »

tayfun
It will be a lot easier for me to work on those bugs you've reported if I have a the midi file(s)! Please send it (them) to me.
tayfun

Post by tayfun »

how can i send a midi file
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Send to Kenneth(a)SynthFont.com - replace (a) by @, of course. You can also click the small icon to the right of the word Contact on the right.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Thanks Tayfun,
Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problem by saving the file. At first I tried this: I edited something and saved it on top of the original - no problem. Then I saved it into a new file using Save As... - no problem either. Maybe you did something else in between? Which version of SynthFont2 do you use?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Cos,
Maybe you can send me a midi file with special SD50 drum patches? Or just tell me the name of one found in your (original) big archive you have shared with us.
Cos

Post by Cos »

Admin wrote:Cos,
Maybe you can send me a midi file with special SD50 drum patches? Or just tell me the name of one found in your (original) big archive you have shared with us.
This file contains a native drum kit, one GM/GS patch, GM2 patches, and several native presets

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/803 ... ssSD50.mid

Support for INS files in Synthfont 2 would be so awesome.

That collection looks a bit different now, it has more files, montly updates mostly, although there were months I haven't had the time to play around with the synth so I didn't download much. :) One of my most loved hobbies in life is MIDI, listening and playing around.

I barely use soundfonts now to edit songs (to listen to a song, sometimes, yes), 'cos I don't think a single soundfont is the perfect solution and prefer to combine several ones for songs, but some are balanced differently than others, some are better balanced overall, some have better sounds in some presets worse in others, and with my studies and personal life, I'd need time and do some research, but I can't, and while it has its disadvantages -Soundfonts are so flexible and nice, and so varied-, with the synth it's just about plug and play and you don't need to find the perfect balance because that part is done for you already.

Cheers Kenneth
tayfun

Post by tayfun »

with SynthFont2023I i have no problem either. but with 2.0.2.5 i have the problems i reported
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It is exactly 2.0.2.5 I have used without problems. I wonder... can you use the Save As function to just save a copy of the midi file under a new name and send it to me?
Cos

Post by Cos »

Hello Kenneth. I might need your help here. The Roland SD50 has a very important flaw for me and it's that every time you power it on it goes to its default values, and that includes the Large Hall reverb, which is SOOOOOOO horrible and overpowering, a bit too much. :x :cry:

Problem is, I built another SysEx file, with a GM2 system on and a rever type Hall 1 in the same SYX file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/803 ... reverb.syx

GM2 System on (if I am not mistaken) F0 7E 7F 09 03 F7 F0 50 2C 20 30 1F 01 00 00 48 F7

Hall 1 Reverb F0 41 10 42 12 40 01 30 03 0C F7

(Medium Hall is this one, from the manual http://lib.roland.co.jp/support/en/manu ... le_e01.pdf , F0 41 10 00 00 4A 12 18 00 06 04 5E F7 , and it sounds good too, but I am okay with the other)

And that's where it comes the issue, and it is the fact that I'd need your help to add an option to Synthfont where you can use a custom SYX file to load the reverb data, or several commands within a SYX file, or have a function in Synthfont to add SysEx messages like a box where you could add those hex values for..say..GM, and then another box with several hex values for whatever like Reverb, and so on and so forth.

The idea is to automatize all of that using those files, so I don't need to open a file in Synthfont and change things around using the hardware itself, which must be done in realtime 'cos the thing resets every time you stop or restart a song and the same dreaded Reverb sounds.

Synthfont is set in my case to GM2 , SysEx messages yes, and the problem is that it sends the GM2 data but every other value defaults and I have to manually correct the reverb every single song. :| Editing every single MIDI file and adding the data manually is another possibility but I prefer not to even think about it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Cos,
Can be done. In various ways. Let me think.
Happy New Year! (To everyone)