64 bit version of SynthFont2 for testing

All about the development and use of SynthFont2
Admin
Site Admin

Re: 64 bit version of SynthFont2 for testing

Post by Admin »

If you have been using the 32 bit version of the plugin you could try switching over to the 64 bit version!
AndrewU

Post by AndrewU »

That's just the thing, I am using - and love so doing - the 64 bit version of the plugin! :D I just can't open the old arrangement files to swap the 32bit ones out for 64 bit ones and resave them. Unless I happened to not use that particular plugin in that arrangement. Therein lies my problem! :D

Would it be possible to have the program, instead of throwing an error and not loading the arrangement at all, just tell me, "oh, you got a 32bit plugin, we can't load that" and load the arrangement without the offending plugin(s)?

If not, I could handle deleting all my old arrangement files and creating new ones with the new plugin; all the program .fxp's work with both the 32- and 64-bit version, so I can get everything back, it just means going back in and manually reloading all the .fxp's for all the plugins. It's just inconvenience on my part, but not unworkable. I do like this version enough that I'd do that if all else fails. :)
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The thing is, there is this my VST bridge called "SFVST32TO64.exe" that is supposed to handle the 32 bit plugins for the 64 bit SynthFont2. It works for my even with the 32 bit Play, but, as I said, I do not have any sound libraries to load so the plugin will load but no sound generated. This is of course the same for the 64 bit Play. Thus, I need to find out WHY the bridge cannot load the 32 bit Play in YOUR case. At first, make sure you have the "SFVST32TO64.exe" file in the same folder as your SynthFont2x64 file. Then please try again. I may need to create a special debug version of "SFVST32TO64" for you.

I can of course add a feature for letting you more easily replaced a 32 bit plugin with the corresponding 64 bit version, but right now there seems to be quite few free plugins offered in both formats. I'd prefer to get my bridge working!
AndrewU

Post by AndrewU »

Ah! OK, making sure the bridge actually WAS in the same folder fixed my problem. I'm sorry for the mixup. :oops: All is working now!

Edit: No, not all is working. I'm going to go thru and see which arrangements work and which don't, but I know I have the 32bit version of PLAY working now on at least one arrangement, so it's doubtful the problem lies with that plugin itself. Will examine further and PM my results to you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The official version of SynthFont2x64 has today been released. The full installation package is here:
http://www.synthfont.com/SynthFont2x64Setup.exe